The CBC Diversity Committee is dedicated to increasing the diversity of voices and experiences contributing to children’s literature.
Become a CBC Diversity Partner
1. Advocate, be proactive, and show your support by adding our Twibbon to your social networking profiles.
2. Attend at least one event per year.
3. Acquire and share non-traditional avenues in which to promote diverse books with the CBC.
4. Agents and editors—seek out books about diversity.
5. Alert those in sales and marketing to initiate in-house conversations about how to sell and market diverse books.
6. Aim to expose children in your life to diverse books and invite your publishing colleagues to talk at their schools about the industry and the jobs within it.
7. Acknowledge the CBC as a resource. Check in regularly on the blog (http://cbcdiversity.blogspot.com) and email firstname.lastname@example.org with your comments, questions, and any information you feel should be shared with your colleagues.